I read an article recently that claimed that if you ate these three certain foods everyday that you were guaranteed to lose weight. Kind of a bold statement, but does it hold any truth? Let’s analyze the foods and see how possible this might be.
1. Eat at least 3 to 4 scrambled eggs every day. Eggs are said to be high in cholesterol so if cholesterol is a problem for you then this is probably not a good idea. But there is also speculation that those findings aren’t totally true… that the eggs were fried in butter rather than served au natural. If that is the case, then plain scrambled eggs, poached or boiled eggs would be perfectly fine to eat.
* This weight loss method says you need to eat at least 3 scrambled eggs for breakfast and any more during the day if you want them. Three eggs will certainly give you plenty of protein to last until lunch time so there’s merit to that. You can also eat anything else you want.
2. Eat at least 1 1/2 cans of black beans every day. I’ve never heard anything against black beans so I think this part is fine for anyone. This would give you lots of fiber and there are so many ways to use black beans. They can be served hot with rice, they can be added to a salad, you can make a black bean salsa and serve it with chips, or you could add the black beans to your eggs.
* This weight loss method indicates that you need to eat the black beans at least two times during the day but since there are so many options, this sounds doable. Of course, if you haven’t been eating a lot of fiber previously, you might want to start slow and work up. One 15-ounce can has 25 grams of fiber which is easily double what the average American eats normally. (You might want to invest in something like Beano too!)
3. Eat one pound of broccoli and/or cauliflower every day. While fresh tastes much better, frozen would work just as well and be a huge time saver. You could eat all of this in one setting (yikes!) or divide it between lunch and dinner. Or you could have cooked veggies with your main meal and raw ones with black bean salsa or salad.
* This weight loss method doesn’t give any guidelines on how to eat the broccoli or cauliflower so a mix and match would add variety and color to your plate.
Other than the three specific foods and the amounts you need to consume everyday, this eating plan allows you to eat anything else you want and guarantees you will still lose weight. It doesn’t sound like you’d be very hungry for anything else!
I have not tried this method so I can’t say one way or the other. But I think that as a short term plan, this is a very doable and rather healthy way of eating. It is also relatively inexpensive and easy to do since you are not required to eat lots of meat or prepare all sorts of unusual dishes.
I think it would be worth giving it a try… unless you don’t like eggs, black beans, and broccoli or cauliflower! It might just get you into that little black dress in time for that big event you have coming up.