You have no doubt heard a lot of talk about bee pollen benefits. You are also probably thinking that it is just another health fad. Well the opposite is actually true, in fact as a health supplement it has been around for centuries. This is the stuff the ancient Greeks referred to as the Nectar of the Gods. They may not have known exactly what was in it but they new it would keep you healthy, virile and strong like no other edible substance in nature.
The bee pollen benefits are not just for a few. Serving this amazing food to the entire family will help to keep them healthy and strong. It only makes sense really that you could share these wonderful benefits with the ones you love most. The only drawback really is that a lot of doctors say that children under two years should not be given pollen. Even then what they do not say is that it is only out of concern for themselves in case the child has an allergic reaction.
Why so serious? This would not be a true testament to the absolutely amazing bee pollen benefits to your health without giving you information on the risks of taking bee pollen. This risk factor is why it is not recommended for the under two set. It all has to do with the dangers of an allergic reaction. Most of the reactions to Pollen will be mild but in a few cases people have been known to go into anaphylactic shock.
Before we get into the bee pollen benefits we will tell you what to look for and how to avoid the more serious symptoms. First, what is anaphylaxis it actually is a severe type of hypersensitivity to a substance. The symptoms come on so rapidly and progress really fast and this could result in death. What to look for? According to the Mayo Clinic you will see symptoms like these:
- A feeling of being exceptionally warm that comes over you suddenly
- Feeling like there is a lump in your throat
- Hives along with itching, flushed or pale skin (these are always present with anaphylaxis)
- Constricted the airways, a swollen tongue or throat
- The feeling like you are doomed
- The pulse will be weak but rapid
- Diarrhea, nausea or vomiting
- Dizziness followed by fainting
Now these seems like its a bad thing and it is really but if you are going to be using a supplement you should first test it to see if there is a reaction. With this in mind and because I am serious about this food as a supplement I am going to give you what you need to test the family.
It is called a tolerance test and it is really very simple.
1. Start by placing one granule beneath the tongue. We put it here because the mucus membranes there will allow for the fastest absorption.
2. Once the granule is fully absorbed, observe each person for any of the aforementioned symptoms. They may be mild or severe, if no symptoms present themselves, feel free to move to the next step.
3. Add another granule and do what you did before, keep adding granules and checking for signs of allergy until you have reached the amount that would make a full serving. By adding them one at a time you can see just how much of the pollen the body can tolerate.
Why did I tell you all of this, when I am a staunch defender of people taking advantage of bee pollen benefits. It is simple really, I believe a person should make an informed choice. You can find the full list of proteins, nutrients, vitamins and minerals, all 96 of them listed all over the web. Everyone who is selling this wonder food will have this listed for you.
Not only should you test but you should also be aware of where your pollen comes from. Highly industrialized countries have a lot of toxins floating in the air and this falls onto the blossoms of plants. Buy only pollen from a source that can harvest the cleanest pollen.