I hear the excuse over and over again. “I don’t have the time”. Do you find yourself saying those words too? Here are 4 strategies to start getting active on an exercise plan.
* Exercise in the morning. First, it feels good to get it off your check list. It’s also the great way to feel energize that will carry you on throughout the day. As the day goes on, unexpected duties arise but also your energy wanes as the day goes on. Get it done sunrise!
* Be a turtle and start slow. If you’ve been inactive for sometime, start slowly and aim for 30 minutes of movement, 2-3 days per week and as you get stronger and your stamina builds, you build your program and aim for 1 hour workout 4-5 days a week.
Walking is great for starters.
* It’s how you do it. When walking, walk briskly (not strolling like walking in the mall window shopping) Make it a point to build a sweat and get intense. Excess fats don’t burn up on its own, you’ve got to move.
* Add strength training to your plan. You don’t need any equipment. There’s plenty of bodyweight training. You can do pushups and sit ups that are free and you will never have to pay a dime to do these so don’t use the “I don’t belong to a gym” excuse. I suggest 20-40 minutes of weight-bearing activity 3 times a week.
*Out and about fitness. When you are doing errands around town, take the stairs instead of the elevator. Park at the furthest spot in the parking lot and walk to your destination. Not only will your avoid a stressful situation from having to “fight” for parking. You’ll save gas by not having to drive in circles looking for the nearest space. More important is that you’re burning excess calories.
* Partner up with a fellow exercise buddy who will share your successes as well as your fitness challenges.
As you can see, you can fit exercise into your busy life. Have fun while you blast fat away!